Here are my top three TOMM in no particular order.
- Stupid is as stupid does.
“Surveillance video shows border protection officers encourage teen to sip liquid meth solution that killed him”-NYDAILYNEWS. What kind of bullshit is this? The border protection officers encouragement didn’t lead to his death, his own dumb ass choices did. This kid knew exactly what was in those bottles. He got caught up in a situation where he was trying to pull a fast one on the officers and that shit backfired. If I’m going to carry liquid meth across the border and an agent tells me to drink some to prove it’s not drugs, best believe my monkey ass ain’t drinking that shit. Fuck this dumb ass guy.
2) Hmm..I wonder what the difference between these two are?
The picture on the left is of Charlie Gard who’s family was in the news for the past few months. He had a rare illness called mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome. This disease weakens the bodies tissues and brain function. This issue here is that the doctors working on Charlie informed his parents that he should be taken off life support. They disagreed and asked to try an experimental drug on him that would reverse the illness. Close to 490,000 people signed a petition asking that he be allowed to travel to the US for treatment. The UK courts said nope and that’s when the US stepped in and gave Charlie citizenship so he could travel to the US without approval from the UK. A Dr from the US came in and tried to convince the UK courts that he could help Charlie. While waiting for an answer, the family gave up and just decided to have Charlie come home and die in hospice. The hospital in all its glory said sorry, his ventilator wont fit through the door. Well, a little to late as Charlie died a week before his birthday.
So 490,000 people came together to try to get this kid to the US. Funny, I didn’t see a petition going around for the kids on the right. I guess my question is, why is it ok to help one but not all? Why don’t these kids get the same news coverage as Charlie? And no, watching Sally Struthers at 2am talk about .35c a day doesn’t count.
3) Transgender ban in the military.
If you’re willing to put your life on the line for our country, more power to you, been there done that. However… I personally agree with the ban. Am I against transgender people? No. I just think that right now there are too many variables that the military would have to deal with. First, going TDY. If i present as a male today and am in an all male dorm/tent, then present as a female tomorrow, do I stay in the all male tent or does the unit officer go through the hassle of doing the paper work to move me to an all female tent/dorm? So now I’m in an all female tent, preop with a dick. There’s 12 females in this tent with you who don’t see you as transgender, they only see you as having a dick.
Second, service members have to be held to the same physical fitness standards of that of a male/female, not of the gender the person identifies with. Again, I’m a transgender female who is 67 inches, weighing 170 lbs, 4 lbs over the max limit. Now I present as a male whose weight limit for my age and height are 176 lbs, putting me under the limit by 6 lbs. How is that fair?
Third, it used to be that you went into the service to get free college, now you go in to get sex reassignment surgery or therapy. The issue here is that the military has to meet a quote on how many male/females join. If you’re a male today, female tomorrow, it kind of fucks numbers up. Also, tax payers aren’t going to be happy that their tax dollars are going to giving or taking away a penis.
Forth, you can not be combat ready if you rely on taking hormone treatments. You can’t be in a war zone for 6 months and skip treatments, it wouldn’t be healthy and may do damage.
What about Kristin Beck? She was a part of Seal Team 6 and is transgender. True, but she also transitioned when she got out of the military , so her argument with Trump and this ban holds no merit.
Let’s take it back to the origins of Things on My Mind if I may.
- So here are a few things God has let happen in the past month or so.
- In New Mexico, Michelle Martens purposely gave her 10 year old daughter meth so Michelle’s boyfriend and his friend could sexually assault/rape the girl. One of the guys strangled and stabbed her during the attack, resulting in her death. If that wasn’t bad enough, one guy had sex with the girl after she was already dead. They then proceeded to cut up her body. Now to add to the fuckery of this entire thing, Michelle admitted that this was not the first time she let men do this and that she invited guys over to do it to her daughter, as it was a form of sexual gratification for her.
- A New Jersey man beat his girlfriend’s 2 year old toddler, telling the boy to “put up his hands” to fight while the couple argued over groceries. The guy was pissed about the type of groceries the lady bought and the boy stepped in to protect his mom. The guy hit the kid twice in the torso. Mind you this little kid is 40lbs. The boy’s head struck the wall and the man hit him again, killing him.
- I think we’ve all seen the picture of the two adults who overdosed on heroin in the car while a toddler is in the back seat. Although the two adults were not dead, this kid will have that image sketched in his brain for years.
- We have some neighbors that have the cops called on them for what seems like every other week. The boyfriend, who is not on the lease, is abusive and the landlord knows this but hasn’t done a thing about it. He was arrested again 2 weeks ago for domestic violence and our wonderful court system dropped the charges. Now if this girl wants to continue letting him beat her ass, that’s on her. I understand the whole love is blind and its hard to leave an abuser thing. But when you have a baby (not even a year old yet) living there when this shit goes on, you’d think it might be time to move the fuck on. I have a feeling that one of three things are going to happen.
- She is going to finally get smart and leave him.
- He is going to finally snap and kill her.
- He is going to finally snap and kill her, the baby and himself.
- I find it funny that the same people who bitch about Trump using Eminent Domain for his buildings are the same ones who can’t see the problem with the Dakota Pipeline. Standing Rock Sioux native american’s have every right to complain and protest this pipeline. Originally the pipeline was supposed to have crossed the Missouri River near Bismarck, but was moved in fear that an oil spill would contaminate the capitals drinking water. Well, the same principle applies here. If there is an oil spill, it will contaminate not only the water but the farming land and the sacred burial grounds of the Sioux people. I think that out of all the people in the US who bitch over inequality and oppression, Native Americans are the least aggressive and have a right to fight this. I mean damn, they were here first. Do you also notice how they are not looting their neighborhoods or killing/hurting the workers. 100% peaceful protesting.
- Working at the airport today I got to witness my first Honor Flight, and it was amazing. You had a generation of people who did not need a safe room because they are not a bunch of bitches. I laugh at teens or young adults who bitch about how bad the US is and how oppressed certain races are. Then, they are the first ones who think we should allow certain refugees in here who don’t agree with our lifestyle. These kids and young adults have no idea how lucky they are to live in a country where you are free to bitch and complain without fear of being killed over it. Personally, this is why i think the draft needs to come back. Send each military member overseas for a 6 month tour to a hazardous pay country, just so they can see how good they have it when they come back here.
Here’s my little interview with Sydney who is a Folk Style wrestler. Show her some love. Don’t mind the tint, my sisters walls screwed up the color.
Originally written in 2012, updated 2016.
I was driving past a group of school students today and it occurred to me how screwed up our society is. Our generation (X) is to blame..why? Lets think about this. 18 years ago i graduated high school. Our generation started the baggy pants hangin off our ass look. We had the “gangster” movies, such as Menace to Society, Boyz in the Hood, Colors, Reservoir Dogs, south central…etc. NWA was saying ” Fuck the Police” We heard Ice T scream ” Cop Killer”, who ironically played a cop on NBC. Ice Cube was preaching “I didn’t even have to use my A-K, Today was a good day”. Now he stars in Disney movies. Tupac and Snoop said ” ain’t nothin but a gangsta party”. Tupac is dead and Snoop doesn’t really do much of anything.
Rap music hasn’t changed in the past 18 years….it’s the same shit just recycled. You can rap about ass, titties, bitches and what not for only so long. Music today is garbage. Freddie Mercury wrote “Bohemian Rhapsody” by himself. Then you look at “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyonce and it list Adidja Palmer, Beyoncé Knowles, David Taylor, Nick van de Wall, Shea Taylor,Terius Nash and Wesley Pentz as co-writers. Why the hell does it take 7 people to write a 4 minute song?
When I was in Junior High, the internet was just getting started. Of course, not the internet of today. No social media. No music downloads. No buying things online. If we needed to look up something for school we had to go to the library and get a book. We didn’t have Google to answer every question for us. Kids today wouldn’t know how to use an index, or what it’s like to use a paper bag as a book cover.
Those 9, 10, 11 year olds i saw today are carbon copies of who we were 18 years ago. Only now it’s our fault they can’t write, read, or talk properly. I know that i don’t always use proper English or that i might use slang in my writings, but when i am around kids, i do try to use proper English. When did our generation get lazy with raising kids? Growing up, if someone’s mom came out yelling you knew damn well every one of us was going to get yelled at. That’s not the case today though. The government has put the power in the kids hands, however some parents think their kids can do no wrong. “Not my baby, he/she knows better”. yada yada yada. It’s like we want the schools to babysit the students but when it comes time for the schools to be the “parent” and discipline the students, all hell breaks loose. We are seeing this now with the entitlement generation. Instead of laughing at how the prior generations did things, they are trying to change our history so they don’t get offended. Schools can’t give out Ds or Fs because it will make the kid feel stupid…no shit, that’s the point. It’s letting you know you need to buckle down. Can’t play tag at recess because you’re not suppose to touch someone without their permission. All kids get an award in sports even if they lose, can’t ruin their self esteem. Just yesterday I read a story on how you are not supposed to make your child hug a family member if they don’t want to, because it sends them a message that it’s ok for someone to touch them even if they don’t like it. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. If I see my nieces or nephews come in the house without giving my parents a kiss or hug hello, I yell at them. It’s called respecting your elders.
All we are doing is setting our kids up for failure when they reach society and realize they are stupid and they are not always going to get praised for coming in second. These are the same kids who are going to end up shooting up people because they didn’t get their way and they can’t handle the pressure or rejection.
As for the current Entitlement generation, we need to stop allowing them to change history. Here’s the thing though, we made them who they are. We gave in to them, when really a simple no would have worked. Now you have a bunch of young adults who want everything for free or want things exactly how they want it, with no chance of a compromise. This is one reason why Bernie Sanders is so popular with the youth. They want free college and $15 minimum wage, and they don’t care that you have to rob Peter to pay Paul. They don’t understand that Peter is going to go broke one day because you sucked his wallet dry.
Our country was built on the strength of each generation learning from the prior’s mistakes, and building off of it. That’s not the case anymore. These kids today are going to be the ones that we are going to have to rely on to care for us when we become seniors. To be honest, that’s scary.
Kids today will never know the following things…
The scary sound of the National Anthem being played at midnight when stations would conclude their broadcasting for the day.
Hearing Harry Carey mispronounce damn near everyone’s name.
Pouring a box of your favorite cereal and sitting in front ofthe tv to watch Saturday morning cartoons. (Or in my case, having to eat nasty ass rice crispy’s) You could turn on ABC and be set for four hours of awesomeness. There is something about hearing ABC’s bumper that is nostalgic.
Of course, if you were lucky enough to have cable, you could watch the Cartoon Express.
Kids today will never know the feeling of having to get up to change the channel on the cable box, sit down, and having to get up to change the channel again, because their parent doesn’t want to get off the couch.
Knowing that when you see this on HBO, it was about to go down.
Feeling the sting of a big rubber ball against your face because you were too slow to move during dodge ball or smear the queer. Come to think about it, smear the queer probably wasn’t the most appropriate name.
We had one WGN and it played all the Cubs game. And rest easy knowing that Kevin Sorbo is Hercules.
Running to answer the phone, only for the caller to have hung up and you have no clue who just called since there was no caller ID.
Being on a time limit while on the world wide web. And hearing this beautiful sound.
And then hearing someone yell “i’m trying to use the phone, get off”
Playing outside without having to worry about getting shot or kidnapped.
Actually being scared of parent teacher conferences. Knowing that you’ll probably get an ass whoopin when you get home. Or in my case, get that whoopin right there in school.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. (now these little shits need a “safe zone” to be free of hurtful words. lol Ridiculous.)
Buying a pack of cigs for your mom.
Going through airport security without getting felt up.
Making friends with the kids in the neighborhood by actually going outside, not sending a friends request.
Getting picked for the Grand Prize Game.
Hiding under a blanket so your parents don’t have to pay for you at the drive in.
Blowing into a NES cartridge.
Not being medicated for every little thing.
Sticking a pencil in a tape to rewind or fast forward. Or…to just see how fast you can do it, till it flies off the pencil.
Going to school with 3 feet of snow or 100 degrees out.
Just being a kid and not having to worry about all of society’s problems.
Yes, it has been a long while since I’ve posted. As usual I’m sitting in Starbucks drinking my cool lime refresher. For some strange reason the Starbucks on Kimberly doesn’t make it as good as the one in Moline. Lets get started with Things on My Mind…
1. Jobs- I have an interview tomorrow 4/22 and on Thursday. I’m done with this bouncing from job to job shit. I’m going full career mode. I have so much respect for those that have stayed with one job for 10+ years. I read somewhere that generation millennials go through jobs like underwear. I’m a part of generation X by one year, but I’m on that millennial bandwagon. Since I know how anal some of you can be, I’m not saying ALL millennials job hop.
2. School- This term sucked. I gave up and I didn’t even have a reason to. I think with not working, stressed, and depressed, my heart wasn’t in it. I know this is straight up bullshit, since I wasn’t working you would think I could spend all my time on school. Now I have to bust ass to still be able to graduate on time in December.
3. Kids- For some reason kids have been brought up to me numerous times these past few days. “when are you guys going to have kids?” “Don’t you want kids?” “You guys should have three kids by now.” I mean damn, you wouldn’t ask a blind person why they don’t own a mirror would you? Do I wish I had kids? Of course I do. My wife and I would be great parents. I told my wife from the day we started dating, if I don’t have kids by the time I’m 35, I’m done. I don’t want to be the old dad to a young kid. My father and I are 20 years apart. I have enough nieces and nephews to spoil like they were my own kids.
4. I’ve been a WWF/WWE fan since I was a kid. I can remember the excited I felt when my dad took me to my first event at Palmer Auditorium in Davenport, IA. It was the first time I saw Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth. I went to my first PPV, Payback, in chicago and took my dad. It was exciting to have this moment with him. Well, this sunday I’m taking my 9 year old nephew to his first PPV, Extreme Rules. I can’t wait to see the look on his face Saturday (his birthday) when he finds out he is going.
Mother Nature has a sense of humor. It was warm enough yesterday to not have to wear a winter coat, but then this crap. I hate living in the Midwest with a passion. I want to go back to TX but hell, even they are getting snow. The bad thing about it snowing, just as it is now, is that people want to drive like fkn idiots. There are three rules to remember when driving in snow. 1) Dont get hit. 2) Dont hit someone else. 3) Drive. Some people want to drive like they are tip toeing into the kitchen at midnight. I’m all for being safe of course, but damn if you don’t go you’re going to get stuck.
Stuart Scott passed away today. I was never a fan of his really, but he was a good personality for ESPN. Glad that he was able to make it through the holidays for his daughters.
Back to this bullshit snow. I look out of this Starbucks window thinking, why the fk am I here and not in the comfort of my bed? And of all the bullshit things I buy, why haven’t I bought a car starter? It is nice though being here and not having anyone around me. Just me, Venti pumpkin spice latte and Dido.
I played Dido’s CD nonstop when I was overseas. I remember my tent mate yelling at me to shut it off cause I played it so much. This would be played in my tent and Outkast would be playing everywhere else. At post..outkast. On our way to Kuwait City..outkast. Chowhall..Outkast. They had a song, “Bombs Over Baghdad” that the Kuwait’s would dance to. One of the Kuwait Officers heard me play it, reached in his shirt and pulled out a cross necklace. He kept saying “SEE, I’M CHRISTMAS, I’M CHRISTMAS!” I said you mean Christian. “YES, CHRISTMAS!” Okay then. lol
I go back to work tomorrow, after a 2 week vacation. Honestly, I don’t want to go back. Not because of the kids, I love them and their craziness. But because I don’t get paid shit really for all the stress we have. I know, something is better than nothing but I could seriously go work at Aldi’s and bag groceries and make more than what I do now. I’m hoping to get a phone call tomorrow with some good news that will better this situation.
Break Free by Ruby Rose= beautiful song, check her out.
Let me ask a question. In life, your main objective is to have kids and pass on that bloodline. What if you can’t have kids? Then what is the meaning to life? You wake up, eat, shit, work, sleep, repeat. You really don’t have a purpose anymore. The bloodline stops with you. If you were fortunate enough, your parents tried to raise you in a way in which you will be a great parent to your own kids and pass on traditions. I think about all the things I was able to give my parents, everything but a grandchild. When my sister got pregnant at 15, I had some animosity toward her kid. You mean to tell me God will give a kid to a 15 year old girl, but not two adults who have good jobs, are caring, and want kids? I think that’s why my belief in God is so null. I believe Jesus was a man who did walk this Earth. I don’t believe the miracle stuff though. I’m just not buying the whole God created man and the universe shit. Maybe it’s the fact that I had to go to a Catholic School and the shit was stuffed down my throat, that now I’m like eh.
Well folks I think its time for me to go. There is a creepy dude sitting across the room staring at me like he wants my nuts.
Its funny how I can remember a song lyric from 25 years ago..as I’m singing father figure by George Micheal, yet I can’t remember a damn password for a log in that I just created two days ago.
I bought myself a new toy last week. Do I know how to play it? No. Do I have the patience to learn? Hell no. Why did I buy it? No fkn clue. I think it’s more therapeutic than anything. You get to hit something and make sounds. Laugh if you want, but the shit works.
I’ve had vertigo for the past few weeks. Thankfully off and on and not everyday. I have to give it to those who suffer from it everyday. It’s like having a really bad hangover. I wish there was a pill I could take to stop the damn room from spinning. Normally when you’re not feeling well, you can lay down, but damn, as soon as you close your eyes, the spinning sensation comes to play.
I was watching a video about these people who waited in line at a Houston mall for the new Jordan shoes to be released. There was reports of fighting and shots fired, all over a shoe that bares the name of a man that could give two shits about you. Seriously, I could do is laugh. This young generation is so materialistic that it’s sad. I bet if footlocker were to attach a job application to the box, that line would be cut in half. Of course that’s just ignorant of me to say, I’m sure that those in line took the day off from work to get these must have shoes …but who am I kidding?
The one thing I’m grateful for growing up was that my parents didn’t make it about brand names. I remember I wanted those damn Reebok Pumps so bad and my dad bought me Hoops instead which were a generic type of Pumps. Boy was I mad…if I could have said “what the fuck” when I was 10, I probably would have. But now that I’m older, I have to laugh about it. There is no way in hell that I’m paying $100 for brand named shoes for my nieces and nephews. Shit I won’t even spend that on a pair of shoes for myself now. If their parents want to spend that on them, so be it, it’s their money. But uncle Robert just can’t do it. lol
I got talked to at work about the way that I handled a student who was getting mouthy with the teacher. A coworker of mine went to the principle (our boss) and told her that i threw a kid into one of the rooms and held him against the wall. Thankfully, I had three other people there to witness what actually happened. I was not mad that the coworker went and said something, it just shows she is caring for the well being of the student. What I was pissed about was she didn’t come to me about it or go to the assistant principle who is technically our supervisor (chain of command). I’m a confrontational kind of person. If you mess up or I think you messed up, I’m going to you. I know that not all people are like that, oh well.
So today the Terminator trailer came out and the only thing I can say…amazing. Finally, a terminator movie that deals with not only the machines but also time travel. I know that the first one leaned towards time travel, but it was never really part of the movie throughout. Just thinking about it I had to rewatch it. lol
I have an interview in a few weeks at a healthcare facility. I enjoy the job I have now, but money is money and this other job pays close to what I was making at CADS, plus it’s salary. Of course I won’t count my chickens before they hatch, but I keep thinking about my students and how they will react. I have an awesome rapport with 99% of them and most of them know they can come to me for anything. I guess that’s where my issue is. Would I be just another person who has come into their lives, just to leave?
Let’s talk about minimum wage shall we? I understand that it is hard to live off of $8.25 which is what it is here in Illinois. I do understand however, that those $8.25 jobs are not meant as career jobs. Of course you will have those that will say you should go to college and get a degree, then you’ll get paid more. That’s true, but there are some who legit do not have the means to go to school. I’ll use myself as an example. After I am done with my masters degree, I’ll have to pay back around $150,000 which is about $800 a month. I’m well off, have no kids, and my wife works, but I have no clue how the hell I’m going to pay that back. Now imagine being a single mother or father, with no way of getting student loans because if they did they would have their other assistance cut off. It’s a bullshit cycle. “College tuition and fees have increased 1,120 percent since records began in 1978. “(Bloomberg,2012) Personally, I think college should be free. Why would you want to dumb down the young people of your nation? Anyways,back to the minimum wage, if you think you should get $15 for flipping my burger, you can eat a bowl of dicks. Get two $8 jobs if you want to make more money.
Immigration reform. It’s funny when people bring up immigration when I’m around. Guess it’s cause i’m mexican and they think i’m all for it or it’s a sensitive subject. I’m all for helping people out. I’m all for people coming here for a better life. But when you come here illegally to obtain the American Dream, then you’re fkn up my chance for the American Dream. Using our resources for those that come here illegally is bullshit. How the hell can someone come into this country illegally and get financed for a car, yet I can’t due to my credit. I mean shit, I’ll go to mexico and sneak back in this bitch if that’s what it takes. It’s not just Mexicans, but we are the ones people think of. I do think its funny though when people talk about rounding up all the illegals and sending them back. I laugh cause that’s fkn impossible. I also laugh when people say they are taking good paying jobs..um no. I don’t know too many whites or blacks that will pick fruit from the fields, watch your kids, cut your grass, or clean your home for less than minimum wage.
“Goodbye” by Slipknot is a beautiful song.
This guy here at Starbucks sitting across the room from me is watching Twilight. Who the hell goes to Starbucks to watch Twilight?
Christmas is right around the corner and let me tell ya, I fkn hate christmas music…with a fkn passion. Like, my ears begin to bleed when this shit comes on the radio. I’m not a fan of christmas anyways, but my wife loves it so I tend to put on a smile. But every time christmas music come on, I want to shoot that fkn radio.
Whitney Houston has been sober for close to 3 years now….good for her.